/

A springtime fling leads to lukewarm feet

By Amy Dickinson, Tribune Content Agency on

Dear Amy: I met a guy this spring, and we basically spent every day together during the summer.

One night he texted me to say "good night," and added that he loves me.

Although I felt the same way, I was completely shocked that he felt this way. A couple of weeks later, we spent a week on vacation with our two children (both age 5). After we got home, he asked me to meet him to talk.

He said he thought we were moving too fast and that he didn't want to see me anymore.

I respected his wishes and didn't call or text him, but after two days he texted me and asked me to go to the movies.

After the movie, he told me that he thinks we just need to take things slowly.

Sponsored Video Stories from LifeZette

We are still together and continue to talk, hang out and do things together, but I am so confused. Sometimes it feels like we are in this weird place in our relationship.

I really care about him, and we are back in a good place, but I have no clue what could have caused his random stepping away from me.

What should I do now?

-- Semi-Attached

Dennis the Menace Tina's Groove Marshall Ramsey Carpe Diem Dogs of C-Kennel Reply All