/

Annie's Mailbox: About Dizzy in New York

Wyoming: Tell her to get tested for celiac sprue (gluten intolerance). She may have to avoid foods with wheat, rye, barley, oats and other grains.

North Carolina: She should see a neurologist as soon as possible. I found out I have tri-geminal neuralgia.

Illinois: There is an inner ear problem called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. There are exercises called Cawthorne's Head Exercises that really do help. She should see an ear, nose and throat doctor.

Oregon: A good place to find a doctor with experience in food sensitivities is through the American College for Advancement in Medicine (acam.org).

Kansas: I would suggest this person contact the American Tinnitus Association (ata.org), and they may well be able to offer some recourse.

Boston: The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (foodallergy.org) is an excellent source of information.

San Jose, California: I recommend "Dizzy" contact the world-renowned House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles at www.houseearclinic.com.

Vancouver, Washington: There is an international organization in Portland, Ore., called the Vestibular Disorders Association at www.vestibular.org.

Long Island: I found the Hearing, Balance & Speech Center in Hamden, Conn. (hearingbalance.com), and they offer a treatment called Auditory Habituation. It saved my life.

========

"Annie's Mailbox" is written by Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar. This column was originally published in 2016. To find out more about Classic Annie's Mailbox and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit Creators Syndicate at www.creators.com.

1 and Done Milt Priggee David M. Hitch Jeff Danziger Family Circus Hagar the Horrible