Alright, let’s start this out by admitting something. Prior to National Fritters Day we had no idea that Fritters came in any other variety than Apple. A whole new world was opened up to us when we discovered that there were blueberry fritters, and banana fritters, pineapple fritters and even...

/

Annie's Mailbox: Totally Confused and in Love

Dear Annie: Please help me. I am in love with my brother's wife, "Lydia," and have been for quite some time. Recently, she admitted that she shares my feelings.

I know Lydia loves my brother, but I can see in her eyes that she is not happy when they are together. I see how he treats her and their kids. He loves his children, but he never does anything with them. Lydia sees how good I am with the kids and how much they love me.

Lydia has asked me more than once why I love her, and there is no one reason. We have so much in common and can be ourselves around each other. We know what the other is thinking. It's like we can finish one another's sentences.

I don't want to be the one to break up their marriage, but I love her with all my heart. Please help me. -- Totally Confused and in Love

Dear Totally Confused: Back away slowly, and then run as fast as you can. Lydia is undoubtedly fond of you, and she is flattered by your attention, but she also is using you as a diversion from her marriage and children.

If you truly care about this woman, urge her to get counseling so she can learn to recommit to her marriage or get a divorce so she is completely free. Messing around with your brother's wife is so disrespectful to him that you will regret it, no matter how this turns out. Do the decent thing and keep Lydia at arm's length, and turn your amorous attentions to someone who is available.

Dear Annie: I have a friend who also is my business partner. "Mara's" family and mine have even taken a few vacations together. Last summer, Mara became engaged and immediately shared the news. A month later, I received an engagement announcement. I called to congratulate her and also sent a card.

On our last vacation, Mara repeatedly reminded me to keep available a weekend in mid-October for the wedding. Last month, she mentioned that she had not received engagement gifts from her betrothed's family and "others." By that, I assume she meant me. Now that the wedding date is fast approaching, I have yet to receive an invitation, nor has Mara shared any more information about the wedding.

Was I supposed to send an engagement gift? Also, do I need to send a wedding gift since I assume we are not invited? And, no, the invitation did not get lost in the mail. -- Anonymous

Dear Anonymous: An engagement gift is never required, and if you are not invited to the wedding, you are not obligated to send a present. However, Mara is a business partner, even if she no longer is a friend. It may be important to remain on good terms with her, so we recommend you send a small gift anyway and wish her well. You will definitely be showing more class than she has. (Are you sure the invitation wasn't lost? This happens more often than you might think.)

Dear Annie: My husband and I recently booked a cruise to Acapulco, and I shared this information with a coworker. Much to my horror, she just sent me an e-mail stating that she and her obnoxious husband are now going on the same cruise.

Is there a delicate way to ask if she would consider booking for another week? I really don't relish the idea of spending my vacation with her and her husband. -- Ambushed in Las Vegas

Dear Ambushed: Can YOU book for a different week? Otherwise, there is no way to ask her to change plans without offending her. Cruise ships are quite large, and you can arrange to avoid your coworker. Try to reserve an earlier or later dinner time, and at the very least, make sure she didn't request you as a table companion.

========

"Annie's Mailbox" is written by Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar. This column was originally published in 2016. To find out more about Classic Annie's Mailbox and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit Creators Syndicate at www.creators.com.

Lee Judge Crankshaft Meaning of Lila Pickles Drew Sheneman Scott Stantis