Health

/

Health & Spirit

Makena Buck

Scott LaFee on

In 2015, a woman at a New Year's Eve party in Australia accidentally inhaled an earring. It happened when the woman, who had asthma, reached for her inhaler in her purse, unaware that a loose earring had become lodged in the mouthpiece.

The earring was sucked into in her right bronchus, one of the main airways leading from the windpipe into the lungs. Doctors safely removed it and the woman recovered.

Hoopfully, she learned a lesson.

Doc Talk

Erythematous: red

Phobia of the Week

Ereuthrophobia: fear of blushing

Best Medicine

A man went to see his doctor because he was suffering from a miserable cold. His doctor prescribed some pills, but they didn't help. On his next visit, the doctor gave him a shot, but that didn't do any good either. On the man's third visit, the doctor told the man to go home and take a hot bath. As soon as he was finished bathing, the doctor said, the man was to throw open all the windows and stand in the draft.

"But doc," protested the patient, "if I do that, I'll get pneumonia."

...continued

swipe to next page
Copyright 2017 Creators Syndicate Inc.
 

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Social Connections

Comics

Fort Knox Marvin Steve Breen Zack Hill Bizarro 9 Chickweed Lane