Entertainment

/

ArcaMax

Mingus Reedus appears in court

Bang Showbiz on

Published in Celebrity Gossip

Helena Christensen and Norman Reedus' son appeared in court on Tuesday (23.11.21).

Mingus Reedus was joined by his lawyer, Isabelle Kirshner, for a hearing in Manhattan in relation to the misdemeanour assault charge he was hit with in September for allegedly punching a woman in the face.

The 22-year-old model left the court via a back door and declined to comment on the charges, but he will next appear in court on 5 January.

It was previously claimed Mingus had got into an altercation with the unnamed woman - who was treated in hospital for a laceration beneath her left eye - during the San Gennaro street festival in Manhattan's Little Italy.

And the model explained the 24-year-old female and her friends had attacked him at the event.

Mingus claimed the woman seemed drunk and he "threw his arm out" to protect himself, accidentally striking her in the face.

 

He said: "It was instinct. I was reacting to them swarming me and was afraid for the safety of my group.

"We didn't think anything of it, but these five girls followed us for two blocks, throwing food at us and yelling. We told them to leave us alone, but they kept following, threatening to hurt my girlfriend and her friend.

"It was very apparent that these girls were under the influence and looking for a fight."

The model - whose parents were together from 1998 to 2003 - accused the group of having "swarmed" him on a corner, with one pulling my hair from the back, another throwing water in my face."

After throwing out his arm, police quickly got involved and Mingus claimed they "refused to listen to the context" when they saw one of the girls was hurt.