Doc's Prescription for Life
Financial adviser Neil Gallagher, Ph.D., from Hurst, Texas, offers some sound advice with this list of things to do for a healthy, productive life:
1. Unexpected help comes from unpredictable sources to the person who remains positive, enthusiastic and cheerful.
2. Work is wonderful therapy.
3. If you're not following your own goals, you're following someone else's.
4. We cannot predict the future, but we do create it by our moment-to-moment actions.
5. Two kinds of people: those who resent what they don't have, and those who thank God for what they do have.
6. You change who you are, what you are and where you are ... by changing what goes into your mind.
7. In every adversity, there is the seed of an equal or greater opportunity.
8. Love is a decision to do what's right ... whether you feel like it or not.
9. Depression is a luxury that winners can't afford.