Quantcast

Football / Sports

Dolphins' Incognito jabs NFL investigation via Twitter

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito continues making news for his electronic communications. Thursday his medium was Twitter, and his targets were the NFL investigation and, briefly, Jonathan Martin's agent, Kenny Zuckerman.

Incognito, who had his suspension lifted Wednesday, tweeted, "Paul, Weiss, Rifkind -- Really taking your time on this one. Not like my career and life have been in the balance for 3 months."

Ted Wells, the NFL investigator in charge of the Incognito-Martin bullying investigation, belongs to the New York-based law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. The law firm announced Wednesday the investigation's results won't be released until late next week or perhaps the following week.

ProFootballTalk.com reported Incognito also took a shot at Martin's agent and then deleted the tweet, which reportedly said, "Jon martin's agent is Kenny Zuckerman at priority sports. Let's just say he's not very 'trustworthy.' He screwed (Martin)."

Incognito was suspended on Nov. 3 for conduct detrimental to the team after Martin accused him of bullying/harassment. Incognito, who went to the Pro Bowl after the 2012 season, eventually agreed to extended his suspension. He'll be a free agent at season's end. Dolphins owner Steve Ross has said it's doubtful Incognito, or Martin, would ever play for the Dolphins again.

Depending on what Wells' report says about Incognito he could be a fairly good free agent signing for some team. He was one of the Dolphins' most reliable offensive linemen when he was starting at left guard the last two seasons.

If, however, Wells' report is critical of Incognito it could lower his value to the point teams are afraid to have him in their locker room.

Earlier in the week more than 1,000 text messages between Incognito and Martin were published by The Big Lead and those communications didn't indicate Martin has any reluctance toward hanging out with Incognito.

As for the text Incognito allegedly deleted about Zuckerman it's unclear what he might have been referencing. It's possible Incognito thinks Zuckerman helped develop or backed Martin's bullying allegation.

Incognito has been active in Twitter again for the past few weeks after being largely silent after his suspension.

Martin has remained fairly low profile except for a National TV interview he granted to former NFL coach Tony Dungy last week. Martin's NFL future also depends largely on what's revealed in Wells' report. Either way he could have more trouble than Incognito being welcomed into a NFL locker room.

(c)2014 Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)

Visit the Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) at www.sun-sentinel.com

Distributed by MCT Information Services


Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus