A thought for the day: Baseball Hall of Famer Wee Willie Keeler's motto was Hit 'em where they ain't.
In 1814, Napoleon was exiled to Elba.
In 1830, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was founded in a log cabin in Fayette, N.Y.
In 1851, Portland, Ore., was founded.
In 1868, Mormon Church leader Brigham Young married his 27th, ...
Those born on this date include:
- Italian painter Raphael in 1483
- Newspaper editor Joseph Medill in 1823
- Journalist Lincoln Steffens in 1866
- Actor Walter Huston in 1884
- Radio commentator Lowell Thomas in ...
Today is Sunday, April 6, the 96th day of 2014 with 269 to follow.
The moon is waxing. The morning stars are Mars, Mercury, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus and Venus. The evening star is Jupiter.
On April 6th, 648 BC, the ancient Greeks made the first documentation of a solar eclipse.