Each of the following clues describes two words. One of the words is a type of construction tool. The other word is that tool with one of the following changes: a letter added anywhere (awl bawl), a letter deleted anywhere (plane plan), a letter changed anywhere (giblet gimlet). There is no rearrangement of the other letters. No tool is used more than once.
1) This is a sage tool.
2) This is a dancing tool.
3) This is a grieving tool.
4) This is a tool that is used to dry things.
5) This tool is used for defamation.
6) This tool is a cooking utensil.
7) This tool is a local magistrate.
8) This tool is used to keep a mollusk from opening its shell.
9) This is a morally despicable tool.
10) This is a ditch for a tool.
11) This is a large basket for a tool.
12) These bridge supports are made of tools.