Each of the following clues describes two words. One of the words is a type of tree. The other word is that tree with one of the following changes: a letter added anywhere (pine spine), a letter deleted anywhere (larch arch), a letter changed anywhere (birch birth). There is no rearrangement of the other letters. No tree is used more than once.
1) This is an older tree.
2) This is a well-known tree.
3) This is a feeble tree.
4) This is a man tree.
5) This tree is related to an ox.
6) This tree makes hasty decisions.
7) This tree is used to steer a ship.
8) This tree is a soothing lotion.
9) This is tree hair.
10) This is something a tree uses when sleeping.
11) This is a cloth made from a tree.
12) This is the erratic left-right movement of a tree.